each week they come out with adds, featuring new red hot items or special prices until quantity runs out. i never knew grocery shopping could become so addicting! its really not that large of a store, however, so many good finds inside. i don't need it to be large anyway, small and to the point, yes.... their goal is to maintain low prices, and so in order to do that, they eliminate certain things from a typical grocer. its a good place for the basics.
cody and i had some family over a month ago, we fed 6 people for less than 20 bucks. We bought a large pork butt, 2 lbs of green beans, noodles, cheeses, milk, bread, sauces, butter, & wine. AND WE HAD LEFT OVERS. well, no left over wine, of course.
here's a facts list for those you who want to know more about this little fantastic gem of a grocery store.
- QUARTERS- you need a quarter to "rent" your shopping cart. once you insert a quarter, it releases its lock to the other carts. this elements a job that aldi has to pay for, thus making the produce/food priceslow. once you're done with the cart, you take it back to the other carts, lock it back up, and you get your quarter back. :)
- BYOB- bring your own bags, or buy from an assortment of bags (plastic, paper, freezer, for like .10c... this allows aldi to purchase less bags, therefore, lower prices on food and produce. also, they don't bag your groceries. once you check out, you go to the bagging station, the eliminates a job and ensures a super speedy checkout.
- EMPLOYEES- they usually only have about 6-8 employees at each store, they pay their employees a high amount, and provide full health insurance. you go aldi.
- EXCLUSIVE- a typical grocery store carries 30,000 items, aldi carries 1,400. most of the brands carried at aldi's is exclusive to only aldi. they carry a large variety of organic items, as well.
- CHOCOLATE & CHEESE- the really expensive chocolate and cheeses... so cheap at aldi. that should have sold you.
there you have it, friends. i'm still actively searching for a few friends to go with me that are equally as excited as i am.
i also just bought two of the cutest little green plants for .99c
and two acrylic makeup organizers with three drawers for 4 dollars.
so, you wanna go to aldi's? i'll bring the quarters. ;)