*what worked for us may not work for you, and you may want to do things differently, and that's fine too*
2. AZARIA DIAPER BAG.
adore this bag! i love to carry it even when babe isn't in tow. so many spots for goodies! the side pockets are big enough for bottles/sippy cups. there's a huge back pocket large enough for a laptop/ipad. there's a spot to hook your key fob on inside. i mean the list goes on. more importantly it comes with a strap to use as a messenger bag! ( aka over the shoulder not just backpack) and the straps for the back pack EASILY slip into the back pocket and aren't dangling everywhere like some of its competitors.
3. GATHRE MATS.
easy to wipe clean, as its waterproof. it has caught pee, poo, spit up, slobber, and has saved many a mess! we are so obsessed with its functionality that we have four different sizes! they're perfect for a picnic, playing inside, eating on, taking to the beach, and more importantly under the highchair for when that day comes... i highly recommend these little guys. also, i can't say we will stop at four... give us all the pretty, PRACTICAL, baby things!
4. For mama- nip care.
5. textiles - i'm a blanket snob.
6. BABY CARRIERS
the sweet ring sling is from wildbird. i like this for longer wearing sessions or being out and about for an afternoon. which actually doesn't happen much around here yet, because everyone and their mother is sick. BUT when the flu and RSV stops hanging around, we'll be out more. and i am a big fan of how easy this guy is to put on! simple. my fav.
8. skin care
9. all the other random tidbits without a pic.
- zutano booties. baby socks literally don't stay on. they are a waste to me, but i guess come in handy every so often but instead for the love of all things, buy zutano booties instead.
- water wipes are my favorite wipes. costco brand wipes are my second choice, loooove them and their price.
- angel care bath. not so easy to store, but super fun for babe to hang out in and doesn't slip, move or anything. the backing is a soft/flexible material.
- otis loooves the mama roo, some babes hate it. to each their own.
- DOHM NOISE MACHINE. ANY NOISE MACHINE. we live in such an old house, everything makes noise. heck, we make a lot of noise. get one!!
- comotomo bottles. he took the bottle like a champ for the first time when i had to work a wedding and i believe it was because of this bottle! he hasn't used it since, and we don't plan on using it often, or much at all... but i am happy to know the boy isn't picky!
- haaka silicone pump. i hand express (and did a lot at the beginning and saved some milk for potential milk baths in the future when i was super engorged... ) but this it great for let downs! just make sure its securely attached, because i've cried over spilt milk because of this guy.
- infant optics baby monitor.
- nuna pack'n'play.
- nuna stroller and carseat.
- love to dream swaddle
babies really do not need many things.
i would say FTM moms freak out and buy way more than needed, and well, babies will ruin and pee on 88% of everything.
these are things that have made life a little easier with a newborn and they're pretty great too.
but the most important thing to have is a supportive husband (in my case) or family/friends who are willing to help as much as possible after baby is here; everything changes. take care of yourself. postpartum is hard.
love each other well and love on baby well and the rest are all just things. :)