simple style updates.
- pop of color. this rug, ya'll. it melts me + gives me all the feels. i've seen one my favorite interior designers use runners as the pop of color in many many neutral kitchens + ever since seeing all of her designs, i knew i needed the same in my little kitchen. my plans for the rug is to hide the tile, which i hate and will not match the rest of the kitchen. maybe one day we'll change the flooring, but for now a simple (cost efficient) fix is just to find a pretty rug and hide it. thus, a bright pink.. *note, the rug will not be under the kitchen table, but rather in the "kitchen side" of the space. i currently have no plans to place a rug under our table.
- lighting. right now we have this gag worthy LED light. it just simply needs to get out of here. it's a very small space, as i've mentioned, so i wanted something that didn't come down far from the ceiling, but had a little something something. the gold accents on this light fixture makes my heart swoon, i know i said i am staying away from all things gold because its trendy, but this little bit won't hurt nobody, right?! the shade is also very warming to the space, making the space cozy.
- extra tall cabinet. i want to either purchase this exact cabinet off of wayfair, or have cody build me something like it! since exposing the brick, we lost a little bit of hidden storage, i would like to put something like this near the kitchen table against the wall/corner for things such as potatoes, bread, canned goods, snacks, etc.
- paint chips. as i've mentioned before, the cabinets will be a light grey, and the kitchen will be white.
- greenery. plants. cody hates that i have living plants inside, but for some reason my heart wants all the green things in and around my house recently. i find that plants make a space so much happier + brighter + warmer. they give me a since of home... my mom loves plants + her father LOVED gardens, plants, anything outside.. therefore, it's my goal to add that into our home as well! its just the sweet little memories that make me cherish simple things like plants.
- wooden elements. there will be PLENTY of wooden elements added in the form of: picture frames, more cutting boards, utensils, shelving, + drift wood..